Monday, December 28, 2009

Creating for myself...

I love when all my commitments are done and I can start creating for myself again.  This morning I finished off a layout that I started back in November at the Winchester Crop.  I had the basic layout sketched out in my mind and I had started to put it together but I had to put it aside when I was unable to finish it at the crop.  My mother in laws album was suppose to take priority....except that I got side tracked by doing Tim Holtz's tag challenge.

Speaking of Tim Holtz, I got a very nice email from him when I submit my completed tags.  The fact that he took the time to acknowledge receiving them was wonderful.  I can't imagine how many submissions he must be getting and he is still taking a moment to let you know that your submission was received and that he enjoyed looking at your tags.  He is definitely a class act.

This is one of my favourite picture from Christmas 2008.  The kids are wearing the pajamas that my mother made for them.  Each of the kids got to open one present on Christmas Eve and my son opened this Stormtrooper helmet from his cousins.  We always take a pic of the kids in front of the tree and my son had to wear his new helmet.



Materials used:  Bazzill swiss dot cardstock, BoBunny pattern paper, My Little Yellow Bicycle Glitter lace, Basic Grey stickers, Fancy Pants transparency, Dollar Store plastic snowflake, Offray ribbon flowers, Stickles, pop dots, and chipboard letters that have been in my stash so long I have no idea who the manufacturer is.


I love the Dollar Store plastic snowflakes.  I bought a couple of packages in two different sizes.  I thought they were a little plain so I covered them with a layer of Stickles to give them more of an iridescent look.

I am feeling creative today so I am hoping to get another layout done; but, it looks like Cleopatra is calling to have her hair put back on again and Indy needs some help defeating the mini-boss.

No comments: