Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Tag #7

I really like Tim Holtz Tag #7 and I finally dug out my mask sheets that I bought months ago.  I had bought them specifically to use with stamping.  I added them to my stash and completely forgot all about them.  So for the last few months, I have been using my handy dandy post-it notes instead.  I certainly have my ditsy moments.



This tag is pretty close to Tim's original.  I didn't have the Santa stamp that he used so I used one that I had.  I also don't have any of his metal charms/tags so I took a piece of holly grungeboard, inked it, covered it in distress stickles and clipped it to the side with a metal clip just to give it a bit of dimension.

Tonight I am going to tackle Tag #8 and I really need to get my Xmas cards done as well.  I have been putting it off for the last couple of weeks so now I have to buckle down.  I admit it.  I am a first class procrastinator.  I will find everything and anything else to do when there is something I am not in the mood to do.  The TV calls, I suddenly notice a book I haven't read....I will even *gasp* clean the kitchen to get out of doing that dreaded task.  You can proceed to faint.

And why, do you ask is getting my Xmas cards done such a dreaded task...well, it is because it is so repetitive.  The same design over and over again.  I am not much for repetitive tasks.  I become bored pretty quickly.  So why don't I do a different one for everyone....well, it would take me too long to design that many Xmas cards.  I know..complain, complain, complain.  I am getting tired of hearing myself too.  So I will shut up now and I swear I am going to put my nose to the grindstone tonight and get a prototype done that I can mass produce in the next couple of days.  So if you are reading this and are expecting a Xmas card, they might be a little late. ;-)

No comments: