Tag #1 was done with a size #6 tag which is what I had on hand at the time. Now that I have worked with both the #6 and #8, I think I prefer the smaller size for when I am making tags for cards but #8 for layouts.
Anyway, I finished my Tag #2. It is 1:30 in the morning. I took a picture using a bunch of the lamps that I had and adjusting the lighting in Photoshop. The photo is not bad but the colour is just off slightly. It has a bit more yellow in the photo that the actually tag has.
I love the grunge frame stamp that Tim Holtz Tag #2 used but alas it is not part of my collection, yet. so I used some architectural accent stamps that I have from Blockheads. I used weather wood distress embossing powder to stamp the background image. Instead of the green and read colouring, I went for weathered wood, worn lipstick and dusty concord. The speckles are done with perfect pearl Perfect Pearls to fit into the more purple/blue/silver tone of the tag. Faded jeans was used to accent the distressed edge of the tag.
I also was not able to get my hands on any of Tim's photo corners nor his metal flowers. My photo corners are maded from 36 gage metal sheets that I cut into photocorners and then embossed using Ten Second Studio plates. I ran the same metal through my Cuttlebug to cut out two 5 petal flowers that I had in one of my Spellbinder flower dies. I then followed Tim's instructions to put the flower together. The metal was way too shiny so I covered with some alcohol ink and distress stickles to grunge it up a bit. The six petal flower behind the rose is from Imaginesce.
Two tags down and 10 more to go...Can't wait to see the what Day 3 will be.

No comments:
Post a Comment