Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tag #6 is finished....

Yay...I finished just before the sun went down so I was able to get a pic.  But because I was rushing, I stuck my fingers in to the fake snow too many times and mucked it up a bit.  Oh well...it could be better but it is not bad.



Since I didn't have any of the Sparkly Fluff, I used some styrofoam...yep, that's right styrofoam.  I had seen a post over at Splitcoast a while back of someone making their own Flowersoft using two styrofoam balls.  She rubbed them together to get them to grate off bits.  I used the styrofoam and some diamond Stickles to make it glittery.  I had inked the background a bit of my trees and the styrofoam picked up a bit of the colour.  Next time...no inking.

Since I didn't have either the car or the tree, I used the grouping of three trees stamped multiple times to make a forest and the little deer from the Mini Holiday set.  I kept thinking I didn't have the Seasons Greetings stamp so I used the Merry Christmas instead.  To my embarrasment, I discovered my Seasons Greetings stamp buried under all the junk at the end of the table.  That is what I get for shoving everything down to the end of the table so that we can eat instead of putting it away properly.

I didn't have any dictionary paper and I can't bring myself to take a page out of a book.  I was thinking I would just stamp the background instead.  Then I remembered that I had an old Norton's Anthology buried downstairs that was falling apart and missing pages.  Its pages are the same weight as dictionary pages.  Perfect.  Even more so, since I could use a page of John Milton's "On the Morning of Christ's Nativity".

I can't wait to see what Tag #7 is going to look like.

1 comment:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Wow those are gorgeous! I can't believe all the work you put into them!