Today turned out to be an unexpected home day. My son is currently snuggled up on the couch watching Scooby-Doo and running a fever. I think he is just coming down with a cold or at least I hope so. It is often hard to tell with him since he usually gets a fever for a day or two whenever he gets sick no matter what he has.
While he is watching TV, I figured I would get some much need house cleaning done as well as finishing off some projects that I have been working. I started this card last week. It is for my Mother-in-law's birthday next week so it was the first project that I finished off today.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle pattern paper, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Spellbinder Nesties & Impressabilities, Copic makers, Gold paint dauber, Darice finishing accents, Ribbon from Fabricland and pop dots.
I love these new Hero Art Curly Flowers. They are perfect for colouring in with Copics. There are 3 stamps in the set and I used two of them in this design.
I must say that I am so happy that Hero Arts is finally doing cling stamps. I don't like having to store wood-block mounted stamps in my small space. Acrylics are nice (and I have a large collection of them) but I find that they don't stamp as nice as the red rubber. I hate wasting the wood block so I would only buy the stamp mounted if I had no other choice and only if I really, really wanted it.
Now that this card is finished, I am itching to get to another layout...but first, I have to wash the kitchen floor. I would love it if someone invented a self cleaning floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment