I met a scrappy friend for brunch today. It was lovely to get caught up, to visit and to talk to someone about all the new scrappy products, making layouts and just being creative. My husband just doesn't get it and tends to roll his eyes when I start talking about anything scrapbook related. I thought his eyes glazed over fast when I was talking about inherent vices and preventive conservation techniques...that was nothing to how fast he tunes out when I talk about scarpbooking.
Speaking of scrapbooking, I managed to finish a layout last night. ScrapCentral began its February online crop on Friday with a fresh bunch of challenges. This months theme is to use your stash...and boy to I have a stash that needs to be used.
One of the challenges was to use a kit that we haven't used yet. Most of us have belonged to various kit clubs over the years and many of us haven't used all of our kits. I will not mention how many kits I have that have gone unused. As I was digging through pizza boxes, I found a kit from one of my ScrapCentral friends. She had sent it to me as part of a kit exchange last year. Perfect.
I have absolutely no idea who manufactures any of the papers or embellishments she sent but this is the final product.
The only things I added was a piece of white Bazzill cardstock, some Heidi Swap Bling and a Making Memories stick pin.
I used the Silhouette to cut out the title, the scalloped flower lace, and the leaves. All designs were downloaded from the Silhouette store. The butterflies were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch and the flower centers on light pink flowers were punched out with an EK Success punch.
Have a happy creative Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment