This winter has been really strange. We have hardly any snow and it has been very warm. So it is understandable that I have forgotten a few of the rules of winter. Yesterday's -30C with a windchill of -38 reminded me of a few of those very important rules.
1. Always make sure your hands are very dry when you take out the recycling, damp hands on the screen door will freeze to it. Thankfully, only a few layers of skin are still frozen to the door.
2. The hydraulics on the car hatch will not work. The hatch will come down and bang you on the head.
3. Always make sure you have at least half a tank of gas if you want your car to start in the morning.
4. Balaclavas are good things. Who cares if it looks like you are going to rob a liquor store.
On a completely different note, the card sketch for week #17 has been revealed over at Let's Capture Our Memories. It is a very versatile sketch and each of the card team came up with very different interpretations. It gave me the opportunity to play with the McGill Paper Blossom punches that I have picked up recently.
All three day lilies were made using the McGill Paper Blossom punches. I am loving these punches. You punch out the leaves, colour and ink them, shape them with an embossing tool and assemble. Each flower took about 10 minutes to make. They have such a "wow" factor to them.
If you participated in the LCOM blog hop, make sure you check back into tomorrow. I will be announcing who won my RAK.

1 comment:
Haha, great tips!!! I have been one of those folks whose "hatchback" on my jeep has fallen on my head....yeouch!!!! I love your card by the way! ;-)
Post a Comment