Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just waiting....

I am sitting here waiting for the second week challenge in the LCOM Big Brother Challenge to be posted. 


I am keen to start a layout today but I know that I will probably only be able to get one completed.  I am the type of scrapper that has to finish one project before I start another.  Since part of this contest is complete the layout as fast as possible to be able to win the Head of the House, I don't want to be stuck in a layout that I need to finish first.  Crazy, I know but it is how my creative process works.

I can finally share with you the layout from the first challenge.  We were suppose to make a winter layout using the colour blue, a picture, something stitched, and some kind of snowflake embellishment.

Materials used:  BoBunny pattern paper, American crafts glitter paper, Prima flowers, American Craft thickers, Bazzill cardstock, Celebrate It Christmas picks, Spellbinder dies.

A Luxury Competition was posted last week as well.  It was an optional challenge.  We were suppose to create a Valentine card using traditional Valentine colours, some bling, something with a heart and a pin of some sort.

Materials used:  BoBunny pattern paper, Bazzil cardstock, miscellaneous ribbon, Maya Road pins, Prima bling.

This one I am a bit more nervous about since the winner of the challenge will be decided by the member of the forum voting on the participants' entries.

I feel a little lost in this contest since I have never watched the TV show but I decided to join up because I really need a kick in the pants to get my mojo started.  I am not sure if it is all the grey weather but I have become something of a couch potato this last month.  It also doesn't help that there has been some great TV on as well.

There is nothing like a bit of healthy competition to get you going.

No comments: