Sunday, February 20, 2011

So Far So Good

I made it through the second round of LCOM's Big Brother competition and I am impatiently waiting for the third challenge to be posted today.  Mojo is flowing and I am looking forward scrapping all day.  Gotta love holiday weekends when you have no plans but to relax.

The layouts from the second challenge were revealed yesterday so I can finally share what I did for the challenge. :-)  We had to create a layout around someone that we loved.  We had to include the word love, hearts, bling, some misting and some journalling.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Heidi Swapp Invisibles paper,  My Mind's Eye Lush paper, Just Crea8 stamp, Tim Holtz stamps & die, Great Impressions stamp, Basic Grey rub ons, Riff Raff chipboard, Prima flowers, Dollar store hearts, The Girl's Paperie letter stickers, American Craft Thickers, 7 Gypsies Rub on, Chenille Kraft Glitter, Distress ink, Perfect pearls, Maya Road Trinket pins, and miscellaneous ribbon.

As you have probably noticed, there is not much in the line of journalling on this layout.  The journalling is on a tag which is attached to a pocket at the back of the layout.  It slides out to allow the reader to view the text.

I am not much for including journalling on the front of layouts.  I find it distracting to the overall design.  If I want to add more detail than my title or the couple of lines of journalling that I have added to the front, I will often put a sticker on the back of the layout that will further expand upon the layout's subject.

I think I am off to see if the third challenge is posted.  If not, I have a few small touches to finish off a layout that I was working on yesterday.  I picked up some My Little Yellow Bicycle Twig paper on Thursday and it is the perfect paper for some pictures of I have my son doing his imitation of Huckleberry Finn.

Happy Lazy Sunday.

No comments: