Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Card

I knew this upcoming weekend is Mother's Day but for some reason it didn't really sink in that I needed to make a few cards.  I haven't done much crafting in the last two weeks since I had decided to take a break to get a number of projects done around the house instead. 

One of those projects was to move all my scrapbooking supplies out of my dining room and back upstairs.  I don't have a craft room in my house.  I store all my supplies in a closet in the computer room on the second floor.  I bring down what I want to work on to the dining room. I am sure you can see where this is going.  Eventually, the dining room begins to fill up with more and more supplies.  This wouldn't be such a huge problem if it wasn't were we eat all of our meals as well.

Needless to say, I had just gotten most of my supplies upstairs and more or less sorted when I realized I needed to make the cards.  I figured that I would just grab a few bits and pieces, the basket of flower punches and make a quick card today. 

Wishful thinking....after playing and fidgeting for about five hours, I finally have a card I like and a whole stack of supplies that need to be return to the second floor. 

I used Lily Bee's Picket Fences 6x6 pack to make the card.  The main accent flower is also made from one of the papers from the pack.  I wanted it to match well with the other papers.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Lily Bee pattern paper, Diamond Dust, Prima flowers, KaiserCraft bling, Kryon Gold Leafing Pen, McGill and Punch Bunch punches, and Spellbinder Dies.

I had designed a sentiment to go on the front of the card but I couldn't seem to get it to work.  It made the card front too busy; so, I mounted it on the interior instead:


I just have one more card to figure out today but I think I will take a break and go snuggle my little girl for a bit.  She is home sick today with a head cold. 

Have a good Monday.

No comments: