It was time for a change. With all the tulips in bloom across the city, I thought it would be appropriate to change my header to reflect some of the gorgeous red varieties that have captured my attention this year. I love tulips. I love their clean lines and vibrant colours. I must admit that is one of the few things that I really look forward to in the Spring. Anyone that knows me knows how much I hate springtime but tulips seem to be the exception.
My parents have left and I have my house back. I still haven't dug out my supplies yet. I have been getting caught up with all the season finales that I pvr'd when they were visiting. I am hoping to dig in tomorrow.
I do have a couple of layouts to share that I completed at the National Scrapbooking Day Crop that I attended a couple of weeks ago. I was quite pleased that I managed to get 2 layouts done. I was fighting a bad cold that weekend and I wasn't really feeling the creativity.
I used one of the new Prima mask on this layout. I am loving the new designs that they have come out with this past CHA.
When I saw this Cosmo Cricket Delovely paper, I knew that I was going to cut out the flowers and dry emboss them on a layout. They were perfect for layering. It was just a matter of find the right picture to go with the paper.
This pic was taken last spring when we went home for my grandmother's funeral. It is of my daughter in the tree in my aunt's backyard. This is same tree that my son was hanging out in the Huck Finn layout that I completed in February. When we head home this summer, both kiddos want to visit this tree again....not my aunt and uncle....just the tree. Strange kids.
I am going to keep this short. We actually have sun peaking through and the temperature is going to get up to 26C. The rain is coming back tomorrow so we need to get out and enjoy this while we can.
Have a good Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment