Card Sketch #30 is up over at the LCOM Sketch Blog. Once again, I am proud to say that it is one of mine.
Interestingly enough, I have found that I have more difficulty working with my own sketches than with someone else's. Instead of being a source of inspiration, I find myself locked into a more literal interpretation. I usually make the sketch first and then make the card -- not the other way around. By the time I make the card, which will often be weeks later, I seem to have developed a mental block.
This week's sketch is a more streamlined sketch so I decided that I would make a card that was less complicated than I would normally produce. I also wanted to limited the number of supplies that I was using for an extra challenge. I was hoping that it might shake me out of my mental block. With that in mind, I picked out a sheet of kraft cardstock, a PaperTrey Ink stamp and one sheet of Basic Grey stickers.
The result.....
If you would like to see the sketch and what the rest of the Card Team has produced, please check out the LCOM Sketch Blog.
Don't forget that this Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day. I hope that everyone will get a chance to be creative. I am going to celebrate by attending a NSD Mega Crop for the Cure. I am so looking forward to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment