Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Taking a break from Christmas Cards

I just had to take a break from the Christmas cards this week.  I recently picked up a new Outlines stamp that was just begging to be used.  I love playing with the Outline stamps since they have so much potential for colouring and this particular one fit well with Rusha's sketch this week over at the LCOM Sketch blog.

Speaking of the LCOM Sketch blog, it has had a make over.  The look is clean and fresh.  Just another incentive for you to head on over and check it out.

The stamp that I used on this weeks card is the Woodlands stamp from Outline's new Serendipity line.  It is a fun whimsical series out of which I have already acquired 5 or 6 sets.

Materials used:  Prism Simply Smoth cardstock, Prism cardstock, Core-dinations cardstock, Basic Grey pattern paper, Copic makers, Memento ink, Stickles, KaiserCraft bling.

I coloured in the stamped image with Copic markers.  This is not the best picture but I highlighted some of the flowers, butterfly, leaves and toad stools with Stickles.  I stamped the image a second time to have elements that I could pop up and give dimension to the image.  Because the image is so busy, I decided to forgo the sentiment on the front.  I seem to have a thing against putting the sentiment on the front of cards.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and for everyone, have a good Thursday evening.

No comments: