Thursday, November 17, 2011

T'is that time again

Yes, that's right.  Time for another card sketch over at the LCOM Sketch Blog.  This week's sketch is one by yours truly.  It was designed to have either a large central stamped image or phrase on a square card base.  I decided that I wasn't going to follow this sketch so literally.  I also wanted to play with the many sets of dies that I have but haven't seem to be using lately.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey pattern paper, KaiserCraft bling, miscellaneous ribbon, and distress ink.

The bird, bird cage and leaves are Marianne's Designs dies and the filigree accents and background shapes are Spellbinders.

This is my second mock up for my Christmas cards.  Surprisingly, this card takes less time to put together than the one I came up with last week even though it looks more complicated.

Speaking of Christmas cards, if you are keen to work on your cards this weekend, the forum over at LCOM is having an on-line Christmas card crop.  There will be lots of card sketches to get your mojo flowing, games and even some prizes.  Come on over and join us -- the more the merrier.

No comments: