After many years of playing with various types of cameras, take a number of photography and developing courses...here is the one piece of advice that I want to give. Always check your camera to make sure there is a memory card in it. If you have a D-SLR like mine it has a demo mode on it that allows it to take photos without a memory card. I don't know how many times in the last year that I have had that doh! moment where I have set up some beautiful shots only to have no memory card.
Today is another classic example. I decided to finally try my hand at art journalling. I like the idea of experimenting with techniques in a an art journal and I thought I would document all the various steps of my very first page just to see the progress. It wasn't until I had taken 12 or 13 photos before I realized that I had no memory card in the camera. Ughh....I think I am going to have to put a big label on the camera to remind me to check. So much for the step by step photos.
I have misted, dribbled, stamped and applied molding paste to the pages in my journal. The molding paste is currently in the process of drying. I thought I would share what it looks like so far.
A couple of close ups:
I used a Magenta mask to apply the molding paste in the butterfly shapes. I think I am going to rub some Inka Gold on them when they are dry.
I am not sure where I am going to go with this next. I see a bit of pattern paper, some washi tape....we will have to see.
Happy Sunday.



No comments:
Post a Comment