Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yay...Layout is finally done...

I started this layout Friday night and I have been fiddling with it ever since.  I tend to tweek a layout a lot.  I will cut out my paper to the size I want and then I will layer everything without gluing it down.  Then I start to play...shifting everything to the top.  No...don't like that.

Shift everything to the bottom corner....no...still not quite right.  Dig through some more paper...see if anything else can be added....Hmmm...that looks right.  Cut, distress, ink everything.  Start the process of layering all over again.  Add in the embellishments that I have either made or selected when I started the layout.

Still not quite right...dig through some more embellishments...what can I add?  That looks good and maybe this...Shift...layer and shift some more.  Not quite right...start at the beginning again.

This is more or less my process.  Over and over again until I just give in and glue it down.  Well I finally glued everything down on this one....

 
Materials used: Scenic Route pattern paper, Basic Grey pattern paper, Core-dination Core Impressions cardstock (Jenni Bowlin), dictionary paper, Making Memories vintage findings embossed ephemera, Prima bling & vine, Prima adhesive felt, misc. tag, Glimmer mist, Distress Ink, May Arts Ribbon, Webster's Pages cameo, gold embroidery thread, Archival Ink, Creativity Street glitter, gold paint dauber and pop dots.

The balance is not quite right but it is close so I am going to stop and just let it be...even though I still really want to tweek it a bit more.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to try those flowers..they are gorgeous.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Beautiful!!! Totally worth all the time you put into it