Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Only 3 left to do...

Three more tags are completed so that only leaves three left to finish.  It is hard to believe that the 12 Tags are finished for this year.  The twelve days passed by so quickly.  It is also hard to believe that it is only 11 days to Christmas. 

It has been a busy couple of days.  I had meant to post these on Sunday but time got away from me.  My son had eye surgery yesterday to correct his crossed eyes.  Everything went really well and he is home.  Today is just going to be a rest day for him and hopefully a bit of a crafting day for me.  The only other plans that we have is a post op appointment with the surgeon this afternoon.

Back to the tags....I really enjoyed making the poinsettia for Tag #7.  Since I don't have the leaves die and I wasn't sure how the Spellbinder's would do cutting through the thick grunge board I was using, I decided to use some fabric Prima leaves as a substitute.

Materials used:  4x6 coaster, manila file folder, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Distress ink, Archival ink, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, grunge board, metal flower (I think it is from Imaginesce), Tattered Angels glimmer mist, and paint daubers.

I love the Prima leaves.  I use them quite a bit as filler in flower clusters on my layouts.

Tag #8 presented a more interesting problem since I don't have any of the holiday masks nor do I have any Christmas dies that I could use to make my own.  What I do have was a couple of sheets of the holiday grunge board.  I had used the large deer from the sheet on one of last years tags so I still had his negative image.  I traced the deer out onto a mask sheet and then cut it out by hand using an Exacto knife.

Materials used:  4x6 coaster, manila file folder, Distress ink, Archival ink, Making Memories metal element, gold embossing powder, grunge board, KaiserCraft rhinestones, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, paint dauber and misc. brads.

Tag #9 came together very quickly.  I had a couple of rosettes that I had made earlier that I hadn't used on a project yet.

Materials used:  4x6 coaster, dictionary paper, Distress ink, misc. buttons, Pink Paislee pattern paper, grunge board letters, Glossy Accents, Melissa Frances tinsel, Prima roses and Dollar store organza.

I am still contemplating what I am going to do about Tag #10.  I am going to have to do some substitution on this one as well.  Lots of thoughts are swirling around at the moment.

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

These are wonderful! They have such a nostaglic feel to them for Christmas.