Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tag #2

I had hoped to share both my version of Tim Holtz's Tag #2 and #3 today but I am afraid that Tag #3 did not even get started last night. I sat down with my husband and kids last night for a chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone and promptly fell asleep to the sound of my husband's voice.  I must have been more tired than I thought since I woke up on couch this morning.  I usually wake up after a couple of hours and move to my bed if I fall asleep on the couch.  That was not the case last night.

So, here is Tag #2 or I should say panel #2 of my Christmas wall hanging:

Materials used:  4x6 coaster, manilla file folder, Distress ink, Tim Holtz stamps, Stampendous embossing powder, Glossy Accents, Ranger Alcohol ink, Dollar Store bling, Melissa Frances Chandelier drops, Making Memories Chandelier beads, Teresa Collins Blingage, black acrylic paint and unknown ribbon.

I altered the Teresa Collins Blingage accents with alcohol inks and black paint.  I found that it was too silvery and shiny for the tag.  Once I had muted down the metal component, I wanted to change the colour of the jewel in the center from clear to red.   It has a more vintage look to it now.

Hopefully, I will be able to share Tag #3 and #4 tomorrow.  I am planning on spending as much time as possible today crafting. 

No comments: