Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Bit of News

I have a little bit of news to share.  I have accepted a 3 month Design Team position on the Card Team for Lets Capture Our Memories.  I have been a member of their forum since the beginning of the year and have been really inspired by all the talent that their members display.  They are a friendly, welcoming bunch.

My first DT assignment will go live next week on the their blog.  I am pretty excited to be part of a DT again.  It has been a while since I have agreed to take on anything like this due to every day life time constraints.  I don't like letting people down so I don't commit to something unless I am sure that I can make time for it.  The next three months are historically pretty quiet.  It was the perfect time to take this on again.  Plus....I must admit I really needed the kick in the behind to get some cards done. ;-)

Tim Holtz is once again doing his 12 Tags of Christmas.  I participated last year and learned a few new techniques and tricks.  This year, I have decided to follow along again but I am not going to be making tags.  I decided that I am going to make panels from 4x6 coasters which I am going to join together to make a wall hanging instead.

This is the first panel:


 Materials used:  4x6 coasters, Manila file folders, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Tim Holtz stamps & grungeboard, pipe cleaner, Prima wired stars (stars removed), embossing powder (red, green & black), DecoArt Snow Writer, miscellaneous glitter, q-tip, transfer plastic, & Distress ink.

Not bad considering both the house and the fence are cut out by hand.  I raided my sons stash of pipe cleaners to make the wreath.  I wonder if he will notice. :-)

I am still not sure about the rings.  I was originally planning on joining the panels with the rings but I think I am going to join them with ribbon or twill instead.

Tonight I am going to tackle Tag #2, work on my mother's Christmas gift and enjoy the fact that my fingers are stained with ink and covered with paint.

No comments: