Friday, December 10, 2010

Two more down

Last night was a surprising productive night.  Especially when you consider that I wasn't able to get started on any of my projects until after 9:30 pm.  The kiddos were in full bed-time avoidance mode.  I managed to get two more of the panels completed based on Tim Holtz's Tags.  Now, I am only 4 tags behind. :p

My panel #5 is similar to his Tag #5 even though I had to do quite a bit of substitution.  One item that I haven't been able to get my hands on is Sparkly Fluff.  I used Styrofoam instead.  Basically, I rubbed two Styrofoam balls together and "grated" them.  The result is a Styrofoam particles that look like snow.  I was planning on adding in some clear glitter to make "snow" sparkle but decided that I liked the matte look better.  The stickled holly leaves add enough glitter to the panel.

Materials used:  Distress ink & embossing powder, Paint dauber, Stickles, Archival ink, Signo white pen, grunge board, Tim Holtz metal flowers, Tim Holtz stamps, manila file folder, and 4x6 coaster.

Panel #6 required a complete rethink.  I had very few items that he used on his tag.  As I was digging around in my stash, I found a grunge board snowman from a partially used holiday grunge board pack.  He was perfect to use as the basis of my panel. 

I tried to use all the same techniques demonstrated.  I think my favourite was the stamping on the embossing folder.  I can see a lot more cards in my future using that technique.

Materials used:  Distress ink, Paint daubers, Archival ink, Tissue paper, manila file folder, 4x6 coaster, miniature holly garland, grunge board, Spiga pen, miscellaneous red ribbon bow, Cuttlebug embossing folder and Stickles.

I am still debating on whether or not I am going to add in a face on the snowman.  I can't seem to decided which I like better.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to work on the other tags this evening.  Friday nights are fun food and movie nights so we will see if I even get one done.

No comments: