Monday, March 14, 2011

Cardboard...

Last week's LCOM Big Brother challenge was to use cardboard as the base of a layout.  I just cringed when I heard that.  The long buried art conservator had visions of high lignin content of the cardboard yellowing my photos.  Deep breaths....After all, with digital photography is it really necessary to worry about acid-free when creating layouts?

This one was certainly outside of my comfort zone.  I don't use all acid free items on my layouts but I usually try not to use obviously detrimental items.  So I had to approach this one as a 12x12 piece of art instead that I would just frame.

Materials used:  Old box top, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Wallacks Gesso, Golden Pearl Mica, Spectre Glitter, Tattered Angels Glitter Glaze, Bazzill cardstock & edge, My Mind's Eye Lush flocked paper, BoBunny pattern paper, Maya Road chipboard, KI Memories Alphabet Soup letters, unknown buttons, Ranger Distress ink stains & paint daubers.

One of the other required elements was to make your own flowers.  Each of the day lilies was made using the McGill Paper Blossom punches.  Once again, I was able to make quick and easy flower to match my layout.

Tonight I am taking a break from the Big Brother challenge.  I picked up some Spellbinder dies on Friday and I have yet to play with them.  All these beautiful dies and I have yet to make a single cut with them.  I can't believe that I have made it this long. ;-)

No comments: