I decided to use the window die from Poppy Stamps which I recently picked up. It is such a versatile die to use for cards.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Webster's Pages pattern paper, Poppy Stamp die, and Cuttlebug embossing folder.
When I was looking at the sketch for this week, I really wanted to use this die but it didn't really fit with the sketch. The sketch emphasized the base of the card as the area with the strongest visual interest. So by having the window, curtains and background in white and only have the flowers in colour, I was making my card fit the sketch and still getting to use my new die.
That is one of the nice things about sketches. You don't have to be literal. You can take the elements that you want to use and run with it. They are just starting points for your own creativity.
I hope that you will hope over to the LCOM Sketch blog and check out the new sketch. I also hope that you will play along with us as well. I love checking out what other people do with the sketches.
Have a good Thursday.

No comments:
Post a Comment