Monday, February 20, 2012

Tim's 12 Tags for 2012

I love doing Tim's Christmas tags but trying to get them all done during the Christmas rush is trying....fun...but trying.  I was so happy to see that he was no longer going to be doing them at Christmas but was going to be expanding them throughout the year instead.  It is so much easier to do a tag a month.  It also gives one a chance to play more with the technique that he is featuring and to expand it into cards, layouts and other alter art.

This month's tag features a Valentine theme.  Even though I am late getting this done, I decided to stick with the Valentine theme.  I also decided to continue converting the tags into cards as I was doing at Christmas.  One can never have too many cards stock piled.

Materials used:  Bazzill cardstock, Maid-o'-Metal 36 gauge aluminum tooling foil, Tim Holtz grunge board die cuts, KaiserCraft bling, Ranger Stickles and distress ink, DecoArt acrylic paint, and Tim Holtz tissue paper.

I still need to work on my acrylic paint stamping and distress ink technique.  I have to remember not to rub too hard.  I caused the paper to pill up in a couple of areas....luckily I was able to hide them under a few embellishments.

I would also love to get my hands on some of that honeycomb paper.  It looks like it would be lots of fun to play with.  I substituted a grunge board heard coloured with Distress ink and Stickles for the honeycomb heart.

I am looking forward to seeing what he has planned for March....a spring theme? St. Patties? or something vintage?

It is Family Day here and I am home with the kiddos.  We are going to be digging into the craft supplies this afternoon.  Gotta love a long weekend.

Happy Creative Monday.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

i'm dying for that honeycomb paper too. and also can't wait for march!!


Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com

El rincon de vanessa said...

wowww te ha quedado muy bonito!! me encanta realmente muy trabajado....

christ said...

unfortunately, we don't have honeycom in france yet, and I will have to wait a long before it arrive here
So I love your heart
good luck with random