Thursday, October 6, 2011

It has been a busy week

Last Friday, I headed off to my yearly scrapbooking retreat.  This year it was in Bancroft somewhere I had never been before.  Carmen and I loaded up the truck with all our scrappy goodness and armed with my back roads map of Ontario, headed out to find the most convoluted way to get there that you can imagine.

It was a day to explore.  We found a great beach, a rock shop and just lots of picturesque scenery.  The only downside was the rain which made the windy roads a bit treacherous.

The weekend was a great success.  This years venue was great.  There were no unheated cabins, no bunk beds, and you didn't have to go outside to use the bathroom.  All in all, a much better location than last year.  Although, I must say the previous location did have the most amazing view from the crop room.

I managed to get 4 layouts completed and one which only needs to be a few finishing touches.  I will share them all over the next couple of days.

As we were heading back from the retreat, my parents were heading to my place for their fall visit.  I wasn't home a half hour before they pulled in the driveway.  So between the retreat, my parents, work, and the normal kiddo stuff, this week has been busy but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  My parents left this morning for the next leg of their trip.  I only have one more day of work and this weekend is the long weekend - Thanksgiving.  We have absolutely no plans and it feels wonderful.

So without much more chatting on my side, here is one of the layouts that I completed at the retreat:


Have a good Thursday evening...and if you live in Ontario, don't forget to vote tonight.

No comments: