Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tranquility

One of the things I miss living in a city is the tranquility of just sitting by the water enjoying the quiet, watching the clouds drift over the sky, and watching the water shimmering in the sun light.  Growing up in Northern Ontario allowed me to spend many of my summer days just sitting near the water, reading, drawing and just being.

This summer, on a visit home, we took the kids to where I grew up to show them a bit of where I came from.  We stopped in at my old elementary school.  We went to the swimming hole.  We even went and just sat by one of the lakes and enjoyed the view. All during this time I was promising myself that one of these days, I will live by a lake again.

Materials used:  Bazzill embossed cardstock, vellum, Liquid pearls, Prima flowers, Maya Road stick pins, miscellaneous feathers, American Craft Thickers, and KaiserCraft bling.

This is the last of the completed layouts from my retreat and it was done to express how I feel near water.  The challenge was to do a completely white layout (excluding the photo).  I really like how this photo just pops out from all the white.  The vellum was embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then coated with liquid pearls to give it a sheen.

Have a tranquil Saturday.

No comments: