Once I actually got started I was tempted away from the stamping by a lovely package of Pink Paislee Mistable paper. So out came the Distress ink re-inkers, the Perfect Pearls and my mini-misters. The paper is quite heavy and held up to lots of spraying, inking and playing. I am so use to paper warping when using wet media that I was surprised with this paper didn't. Normally, I would be extremely happy by this fact but not this time. I was hoping for a more distressed and warped background to fit with the sketch.
Materials used: Bazzill cardstock, Pink Paislee Mistable paper, Prima metal flower, Pink Paislee butterfly, Graphic45 pattern paper, Distress ink and reinkers, Perfect Pearls, Making Memories metal rose and miscellaneous feather.
If you would like to check out the sketch, would like to play along with us or are just looking for some inspiration, please head on over to the LCOM Sketch Blog.
One other thing that I have been playing with the last couple of weeks is the idea of an art journal. I am not one to be very verbose in my writing style. I tend to avoid writing even the simplest forms of journalling on my layouts. I thought if I started an art journal I might encourage myself to do more writing.
So....I have spent some time surfing the web looking for inspiration and instruction and after many hours of reading and surfing, I started my first background:
Naturally, I still have no clue what I want to write....


No comments:
Post a Comment