I though I would just do up a quick post and show you the card that I completed at the retreat. This was based on a PageMaps LO sketch from April 2010.
Converting a LO sketch to a card is always a challenge for me since the working space is so much smaller on a card. I find that I always have to strip away many of the components that I love in a LO to make sure the card is not overwhelmed.
In this case, I kept the three photo panels and I used a large image stamp which I coloured with Copic makers. Instead of doing the the bracket journalling tag and scalloped boarder, I converted it into a banner instead. I also changed the proportions of the top and bottom sections to better suit the image I was using.
I find that I rarely do literal interpretations of sketches (well unless, I am making a card from my own sketch). I like to use them as a starting point to get my mojo flowing and then just do what feels right from that point.
Speaking of my sketches, I just finished up the sketches for the LCOM Sketch Blog for November. I am excited to see what the Card Team is going to do with this batch.
Have a good Thursday night.


No comments:
Post a Comment