Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tag #8 is all done...

I had to dig around for my vellum sheets.  It took a while to find them.  I have so many boxes of craft supplies stored in the basement and in my upstairs closet.  After all that digging around, I have come to the conclusion that I either have to edit them or I, at least, need to label the boxes with their contents.

So with out much further ado...here is Tag #8:





Another fairly close representation with a few differences, I was missing the key but I had some of the Delish keys so I used it instead.  For the bells, I found them at the dollar store all made up into decorations.  I pulled them apart and then made my own grouping for the lamp post.  I am missing some of the colours of Distress ink that Tim used so I used what I had lying around here.  Instead of pine needles, I used peel paint and to darken it a bit I embossed it.  For dark brown, I ended up using pinecone Versacolor instead.  I think pine needles and walnut stain are going on my Xmas wish list.

We are under a bit of a snow storm here today.  I think they are calling for anywhere between 15 to 25 cms of snow depending on which news station that you listen too.  Not a horrible amount of snow really but it is the first snow fall of the season so it take a bit for the drivers here to adjust their driving.  Keeping that in mind, I took the day off so I wouldn't have to make that east-west commute too many times.  My lovely son has an eye appointment this afternoon that he can't miss so it is just easier for me to be in the east end. 

It worked out well since the school board cancelled the school buses today so I have ended up playing chauffeur for the kiddos.  I picked up my darling daughter from school this morning and dropped her off at daycare.  I have to pick up my son in another 45 minutes to take him to his eye appointment and this is what it looks like outside my window at the moment...still no sighting of a snow plow.



Ah the joys of winter driving....thankfully, I have my snow tires on and lots of time to get to where I am going today.

Off to start Tag #9 before I have to head out to pick up the little man.  I am going to have to do some creative thinking for that one...not sure what I will use as a subsitution for the photo ribbon yet.  Hmm...I do have some transparencies I can print out on if I can find an image of a film strip.....that might work...

1 comment:

Jenn Langlois said...

Great to see you the afternoon - appreciate the plugs for The Scrapbox =)

I got the Lamp/Music notes on Vellum tag almost done so I guess that would be 4.5 tags done?!?

When can I link your blog from mine?!?!

Jenn