For Tag #3, I have at least one of the stamps set (I think I might even have both) but I decided to use the Snowman from the Retro Holiday set instead. I wanted to do the plaid with the blue alchohol inks and the snowman fit the colour scheme better. I don't have any black alcolhol ink but I had a dark blue so that is what I used to give my tag weight. I also don't have any of the "distress" stamps. Instead I just used the small snowflakes from Mini Holidays to make my white snow. The other items I don't have any of are the pins and charms but I remember that I had some old Making Memories metal charms that would probably work as well. So here is my version:
Tag #4 ended up costing me a bit of money. When I saw it at work yesterday, I realized that I needed some Memory Glass frames so off to The Painted Pony I went. I have bought them there before so I figured that since she also carries the full range of Tim Holtz products, she would be following the Tags as well. Sure enough...I was able to get the 1x3 inch frames but not the ones with the two loops top and bottom. Improvisation time.
I have a ton of old microscope slides at home which is why I went with the 1x3 inch size. I also picked up the Mini Holidays (I wasn't planning to but they jumped into my basket), the Memory capsules (I don't know how they got in there), and some of the metal corners after all I did need to make the roof. Since I already broke my crafting budget for this payday, I decided to improvise the pins.
Here is what mine ended up looking like. I stayed more faithful to his design this time.
To correct the missing bottom ring, I dug through my bead supplies and found some jump rings. I glued a large one to the back of the pin to hang the dangley bit. I didn't have the pearl paint so I used pearl Smooch instead. That little brush made perfect icicles. I used glass micro beads instead of glass chips.
I really like the background for this tag. I think this is what I am going to use for the gift tags for under the tree this year but on a smaller scale.
One thing I did discover when I was at The Painted Pony was that she carries TENsecond Studio. She is doing a journal cover class with the metals in January and I am so very, very tempted to take the class. I am going to have to go back next pay day and pick up some more kabuka molds and may be a texturizing set. I think I will work on my husband about me going between now and then since the class would be all day on a Saturday and he would be stuck with the babysitting duties.
Well....off to start Tag 5 and to do some photo editing (hopefully) for Mother-in-Laws album.


1 comment:
So gorgeous. Love love love that snowman tag especially!
Post a Comment