I finally have them done. Yay! It has been a bit of a busy last few days; so I am afraid that I hadn't had a chance to work on the tags until last night. We had our office Christmas lunch on Thursday. I am the one who was responsible for arranging it and making sure everyone had a good time. And, I must say everyone had a good time, myself included; although, I was paying for it later in the day. After numerous burnt martinis and glasses of red wine, I was a happy camper and quite the chatterbox my husband tells me. Needless to say, the tags became a low priority.
Last night I decided I would buckle down and try to get at least two done and if I could. maybe even a third. Well at 3 am last night, I realized that getting three done was wishful thinking but at least I did get two completed.
The film strip ribbon used on Tim's Tag #9 was not in my stash. I had thought I would try to find some clip art that I could use to make the same idea. After a few hours of searching on line for something that I could use, I finally gave up and headed over to The Scrapbox. Luckily, Jenn had just gotten in a shipment of Tim Holtz products which included the ribbon.
Getting my printer to print images small enough to use in the film strip took an hour or so. It just didn't seem to like the size. Another thing I realized making this tag was that Glossy Accents and ink jet printed photographs don't really like each other very much. The emulsion on the photo paper fogged once they were glued to the ribbon. Oh well...it gives it a distressed look.
I did not have the metal numbers so I used grungeboard numbers and painted them with a gold paint dauber. (Note to self -- you need to buy a silver paint dauber). I can't seem to locate my dymo anywhere in this house. I am sure I have one. It is a really old one but for the life of me I have no idea where it is hiding so I used Making Memories adhesive letters to make something similiar on black cardstock. I also do not have any of the letter charms but I did have some typewritter letters from Making Memories. They worked as a replacement.
Tag #10 is my favourite. I love working with metal embossing and I stalk the TenSecond Studios blog and website to see what wonderful new creations they come up with. I did not have any of the adhesive metal sheets but I did have some craft metal that would be a reasonable subsititute even if it is a bit thicker and a little harder to work.
I used Copic Markers for my colouring. The metal snow flake I have had in my stash for years so I have no clue who the manufacturer is. I seem to remember that I either picked it up at the dollar store or at Micheal's in their $1.50 bins. I seem to be leaning more towards Micheal's at the moment since the snowflakes are a reasonably heavy metal.
I am going to attempt to get the last two tags completed today. I don't have any grunge paper for Tag #12 so I am off to see if I can get my hands on some.
Happy Saturday. =)


1 comment:
wow they are gorgeous!!! I love how you did that metal one.
Post a Comment