I don't think 2 posts in 1 day has happened before but I managed to get Tag #3 done of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. Shocker.....I know but I have been in a creative mood this weekend. I am so tempted to work on a layout tonight. It has been over a month since I have made anything other than cards.
Speaking of cards, here is my interpretation of Tag #3. I don't have any of matching stamp/embossing folder sets but I still wanted to try my hand at the technique. So instead of making a stamp pad for a word stamp, I decided that I would follow his second example with the snow flakes.
I made a stamp pad using random dots of faded jeans, dusty concord and peeled paint Distress ink. I used Tim's snowflake stamps to create a pattern on white cardstock. It was then embossed it with a Basic Grey snowflake embossing folder. The embossing doesn't match up with the stamped images but it gives it an interesting pattern just the same.
I wonder what Tag #4 is going to be like?

No comments:
Post a Comment