Christmas is a quieter holiday for us since most of our family lives elsewhere and we rarely travel far in the winter any more. Our last trip for Christmas, we ended up being snowed in on the road, a frozen car that we couldn't get the doors open much less get the car started, and finally, the car died on us on the last leg of the trip. We saw this as a sign.
So today, we are going to spend the day in our PJs, eat lots of sugary sweets, and play with all the new toys that Santa brought. We will visit with family via Skype and just enjoy being together.
Since it is Christmas day, I can finally share the gift that I made for my mother. She will have opened it so I will not be spoiling it. I bought a shadow box frame from Ikea. I made a number of flowers using McGill flower punches and Tim Holtz's new pine cone die. The iron work gate is a Prima felt that I have been holding on to for just this purpose.
Materials used: Ikea shadow box frame, Pink Paislee pattern paper, Bazzill cardstock, McGill punches, Tim Holtz Sizzix pine cone die, KaiserCraft adhesive pearls, and miscellaneous pearls.
I am thinking I need to make one for myself now.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment